Hardwood floors are so elegant and desirable, and the proper caring for hardwood floors will maximize their longevity and durability. Using the right techniques and products will not only keep your hardwood floors in top condition, but will also save time, energy and unnecessary expenses.
What are the pros and cons of hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors are elegant but still have their drawbacks. So before you install hardwood floors, you must weigh in their pros and cons.
- Hardwood floors are sophisticated and will instantly add value to your home. They are highly desirable and look great. They also add a sense of cosiness and warmth to your home.
- Hardwood floors are very durable and will last for decades especially if they are well cared for.
- They are very easy to maintain. Dust can be easily removed off hardwood floors using a microfiber cloth. Liquid spills are no big deal since they can be easily wiped off without leaving a stain.
- Hardwood floors are highly versatile. You can go bare or throw in a rug for a quick make over and they will go with any style or taste. Carpeting and tile floors can limit your choice but wood can go great with ultra-modern or very classic furniture and will look great in both cases.
- They are easy to repair in case of scratches and damages. Sanding your hardwood floors can keep them in shape for hundreds of years!
- Unlike carpets and rugs, dust and pet hair don’t hide in hardwood floors. This means fewer irritants that might cause allergies.
- You have a lot of options when it comes to hardwood floors. The options are unlimited when it comes to patterns, thicknesses and colors.
But it is not all rainbow and butterflies when it comes to hardwood floors. They do have some drawbacks.
- Hardwood floors cost much to buy and install. They are relatively more expensive than other types of floors.
- Hardwood floors deteriorate very fast in case of moisture. Make sure that you wipe liquid spills as soon as possible since the least amount of liquid can ruin your floor forever. The worst damage happens when there is an unnoticed leak, so make sure that your floors are safe and dry. For the same reason, hardwood floors are not suitable to be used in the bathroom or the laundry room.
- They are not very fun for your furry friends. Since hardwood floors are smooth, you can expect your pets to slip every time they try to speed up.
- It is true that hardwood floors are easy to clean but you still have to clean them regularly to keep them in good condition.
- Hardwood floors are loud. Expect to hear every footstep in the house! Old hardwood floors also tend to creak but this can be minimized with regular maintenance.
How to plan caring for hardwood floors?
You can set an easy-to-follow plan to help you care for your hardwood floors. It is best to schedule daily and weekly routines to keep your hardwood floors in best condition and damage free. Waiting too long before you start cleaning your floor, will ruin the surface and will make the cleaning process harder and more time consuming.
So, what are the best tips on caring for hardwood floors?
Caring for hardwood floors is easy if done in the right way using the right tools. Here is a list of some of the most essential tips that will help you with this task:
Installing hardwood floors is a good investment decision and caring for hardwood floors ensures that they stay in excellent condition for generations to come.