Admit it. When it comes to cleaning the house, bathroom is often the last one on the list.
It contains the most disgusting bacteria, which is why everyone in the house wants to skip it. The irony is that it is the most used – and abused – part of your home, which is why it is important to keep it clean at all times.
Here’s a secret: bathroom cleaning doesn’t have to be complicated. Before you think of passing on this chore to someone else, try these cleaning hacks and surprising remedies to keep the area clean – and say goodbye to molds, germs, and bacteria too.
Let’s Start with the Shower or Tub
The shower or tub area is the perfect area for molds and mildew to grow and hide. To clean this, it is best to start from the top.
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is an effective tub and tiles cleaner and many housekeeping experts swear by it. Give it a try and once your tub is sparkling, its time to face the real battle: your toilet.
Move on to the Toilet
Not everyone is born royalty; hence they considered the bathroom toilet as their throne. Some even had their best and brightest ideas while sitting on the toilet. Despite being the depository of your body’s wastes, this doesn’t mean you should keep it dirty.
Don’t forget to invest in a good bowl brush to make sure it can scrub away all the dirt and bacteria in the bowl. This will be your partner to make sure your throne is squeaky clean. You can also try Martha Stewart Clean Bathroom and Toilet Bowl Cleaners, which use natural ingredients to ensure your bathroom sparkles.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips for Your Sink
Here’s the truth: almost every portion in your bathroom is a breeding ground for dirt and bacteria.
This includes your sink particularly the drain, which has the highest bacteria count.
Don’t Forget the Mirrors and Glass Doors
One of the common mistakes made when it comes to bathroom cleaning is forgetting the mirrors and glass doors. Unfortunately, these areas contain high amounts of dirt and bacteria deposit every time you take a shower, which is why it requires special treatment as well.
Few More Bathroom Cleaning Hacks You Need to Master
Don’t stop with what you learned above. Below are more tips you need to know when it comes to bathroom cleaning:
- Get rid of the grout by dipping grout brush in the bleach mixture (10 parts water to one part bleach) and scrubbing the discolored area. Rinse the area well using a pH-neutral cleaner to get rid of the bleach solution.
- Clean bath toys by placing them for 10 minutes in a bucket filled with one-half cup of white vinegar per gallon of water. Rub them gently using a sponge and let it dry.
- Replace hand towels every three to four days to avoid the passing of germs.
- Don’t forget to clean your toothbrush holders using soap and water.
- Clean and sanitize the toilet brush by pouring an all-purpose cleaner on it. This gives a lovely smell as well.
- Wipe the dust from the ventilation fan motor and other nooks using stiff and clean paintbrush. Vacuum the debris and don’t forget to soak the cover in warm water and dish soap.
- Use hot water to heat up bathroom surfaces including floors and tiles. This will make it easier for you to remove dirt, bacteria, and molds on the surface.
- Be patient and allow disinfectants or bathroom cleaners to sit on the surface for a few minutes before scrubbing.
Are you ready to clean your bathroom? Try these techniques and you will surely say hello to a clean bathroom in no time.